Sprungnavigation

Von hier aus koennen Sie direkt zu folgenden Bereichen springen:

Servicemenü

zur Sprungnavigation

Inhaltsbereich

zur Sprungnavigation

Last update: 16.04.2013

LIFE+ - The EU financial instrument for the environment

LIFE+ is the only EU funding programme exclusively geared towards the support of environmental projects. It comes into play if it is not possible to use other EU financing programmes. It is valid for the period 2007-2013 and endowed with a budget of approximately 2.1 billion euro. The programme is run by the European Commission The lion’s share of the budget (78%) will be used to co-finance projects in EU member states. The remaining 22% will be used to support the operative budget of the Environment Directorate General of the European Commission. The Commission uses these funds to support its own environmental projects (e.g. impact assessments, studies and campaigns). At least half of the project budget is reserved to support nature conservation projects.

Every year the European Commission funds new projects. For this purpose it makes an annual call for proposals. The project proposals are assessed by the European Commission with the support of external experts. Only the best projects receive funding.

European Commission information on LIFE+

LIFE+

Project database

Logo: White Twitter bird on blue backgroundYouTube logoOrange RSS Icon

Navigation

zur Sprungnavigation

Thematic Websites